Montenegro. Part II: Kotor


I was not the best tourist in Montenegro: I never read anything about the country, didn't have a tour guide, didn't plan to visit anything and didn't even know our arrival airport. And this is the best part! Unplanned, spontaneous decisions always leave the best memories :)
So today post is about Kotor, a small town in the famous Adriatic bay Boka Kotorska. I think the best first impression will be unforgettable if you fly to Tivat airport, not the one in the capital Podgoritsa, which doesn't have any access to the water.


I fell in love with the Old Town immediately: tons of light in tiny little streets and the mountains behind, friendly people and yummy smell of good food around

kotor-1
kotor-8
kotor-3
kotor-7
kotor-4
kotor-2
kotor-5

The most popular touristic destination in Kotor is St. Ivan's Fortness: 40 minutes of exhausting walk 1400 stairs up to the height of almost 910 feet (260m). I must say it wasn't easy, but the old ladies from Germany and England who were passing us by were a good motivator! :) And you know what? I worth every feet!! I was standing there, 260m above the sea, next to old mountains listening to the wind and watching the sky that seemed to be so close.. You don't find it in New York..

kotor-9
kotor-11
kotor-10
kotor-13
kotor-14
kotor-12

The food came right after that. We were starving! It's so good there (especially seafood) so we both agreed to find each other at that heaven where you go after you die from eating too much! :)

kotor-19
kotor-16
kotor-17
kotor-6
kotor-18

As much as I love film, I will never drop digital: most of the valuable for me pictures are takes while driving a car, spontaneously. They can be crooked but they make these unforgettable moments, which makes me sit in my chair now, turn the calming music on and enjoy this silence, piece and appeasement that they emanate. Can you feel it?

kotor-20
kotor-21
kotor-22
kotor-23
kotor-24
kotor-25
kotor-26
kotor-15

Meow and have a great Sunday :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Portfolio

INSTAGRAM: LARISA_SHORINA







ALL CONTENT @LARISA SHORINA UNLESS NOTED.
MY IMAGES CAN NOT BE REDISPLAYED OR USED IN ANY FORM WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT LARISASHORINA@GMAIL.COM